There’s always more to be grateful for, always more than one thing a day or one thing a week or even one thing a lifetime (not that I’d imagine any one person could only find one thing to be grateful for in their lifetime… that would be a rotten life).
This morning I woke up and the first thing I thought was ‘THANK YOU’. I think this most mornings, but this morning I felt the roots of my hair tingle and my toes wiggle with the delicious vibrations these words brought me. Thank you for the comfort of my bed, thank you for sleep (in general because it’s sleep that keeps me wanting to stay awake during the day :)), thank you for food in the fridge that will calm my hungry belly. There’s plenty to keep me smiling, even before I step out of bed. Now, not all mornings are like this but when I can stay flying high, I like to celebrate the feeling. The universe responds to the way we feel not what we say and as I’ve always been one to use lots of words to try and deceive myself and others what I was truly feeling, feeling great and not hiding it is now my No.1 treat.
So today I am writing a list, 10 things I am grateful for just because… well just because I want to.
- Grateful for brightly dressed visions :). I have a vivid imagination. Daydreaming used to get me into so much trouble at school but I can go about it, guilt free, It’s like watching a movie but I am in the directors chair. I love colour and to be able feel the vibrations of pink and green and yellow and purple, it lights up my eyes. I know this makes me sound like I’m tripping out but hey, I just feel like a rainbow today.
- Grateful for friendship. I spend more time with my dog than any human friends at the moment and he teaches me so much. Then I think about what I have learnt from all the friends I’ve had in my life. When I’ve been treated kindly by wonderful friends I learn how to keep my heart open. When I was treated not so kindly I understood what it means it feel strong, even though it felt like the world was against me at the time. I also see that we mirror each other so how others treat me is often a response to how I am treating myself. It’s ALL an unravelling, de-layering if ya like. Friendship helps me to find myself and discover what it means to be human.
- Grateful for Winter. It’s usually about this time of year I crave the spring but this year I am enjoying the pleasures of this chilly season. Nature is never in a hurry so this year I intend to follow in patient footsteps.
- Grateful for the building work happening to the house next door. I hate the sound of a drill, it pierces through me and I just want to escape it. When the whole house next door is being gutted, the sound of a drill is everyday SO I have had to get used to it. I’ve meditated through it, enjoyed yoga, I’ve written, I’ve painted and I’ve rested. So now I can manage how I feel through this sound and if I can manage my feelings around that, I am sure I can manage uncomfortable feelings elsewhere too.
- Grateful for my laptop. Technology has been getting on my nerves lately. I turned my phone off for a week and now I love shutting off from the hum of electrical waves. However, I realise it’s my attitude towards what is in my life that matters so getting frustrated at something that is just a ‘thing’ and has been influential is just silly. This laptop I’m using right now has allowed me to share poems and stories – that is priceless.
- Grateful for my feet. I can explore because of them 🙂
- Grateful for my occasional bloated tummy as I know my body is communicating, letting me know how certain foods and thoughts are effecting my whole system.
- Grateful for Tilly (the cat) who has just jumped on the table for a stroke and cuddle. She always reminds me that there’s always enough time for love and appreciation. She’s got enjoying the now down to a fine art.
- Grateful for white tea. I have recently discovered the delights of white tea. I have no idea of the health benefits but it feels cleansing as I drink it. It’s subtler than green tea, less bitter and I am trying to keep bitter tastes out of my diet at the moment. It seems to stir up the acid and excess acid is no good for anyone :).
- Grateful for allowing myself to feel good. I have spent the past two years feeling pretty sad and shitty and lost and undecided. It’s hasn’t been easy to just feel good without some negative thought creeping in. I lost the will to have fun, lightness was overshadowed by dark. Today I am grateful that feeling good happens, it’s happening more and more and with conscious effort to allow myself to love more… well more love seems to be entering my life and that feels good.
That is my list for today. It’s been fun writing it 🙂
Sending love to y’all… You are appreciated beyond words!