Here comes another list 🙂
- Grateful for garlic. I know this sounds weird but I love the smell of garlic on my hands. It’s a strong scent so even after a few hand washes the scent stays on my fingers. I LOVE IT. Garlic is delicious and full of good stuff for our body and when I cook with it I feel the meal is complete. So little scent reminders of this medicine is always welcomed.
- Grateful for the internet. Our internet went down for about 4 days. It wasn’t a catastrophe and I’m not saying we wouldn’t be able to survive without the internet, we would but it did make me appreciate how often I find inspiration on the world wide web. The internet can make things so much easier and allows me to post on this blog – a place where I’ve connected with people from all over the world! That is pretty darn cool.
- Grateful for flaked almonds. I adore almonds but there’s something about them being flaked, maybe it’s the ease of eating them and because of that the flavour seems more intense. It’s like grated carrot – for me the flavour is fuller as it’s softer and not such an effort to chew (that makes me sound so lazy!).
- Grateful for my morning meditation. I’ve been meditating for about 3 years now but I can honestly say that only recently I feel I have clicked with this practice/process. When I first started I think I was just going through the motions and trying to find a way that suited me. I was still imposing ego over the process and wanted it to make me feel the way I thought it should be making me feel. You read so many books and quotes about how meditation changes your life, it’s the ‘answer’. It’s not the answer but it certainly helps you to find your truth, something that has been a part of you the whole time, even during darker days. It’s just so easy to muffle our inner voice by thinking what we’ve been told to think and feel. Meditation allows me to tap back into who I truly am… a whole loada love, no matter what circumstances I’m going through 🙂
- Grateful for daffodils. Yes, the daffodils are coming out to play. A warm, sunny reminder that spring is on it’s way. A splash of colour reminds me how much I adore the cycle of seasons and the UK does seasons so well.
- Grateful for the pretty white house opposite ours. There is something about this house. It’s the only white house on the street, it looks more like a cottage really. We have a large tree outside our house too so from the front room window you can see the house and tree and it kinda looks like a scene from the country rather than a busy suburban London borough.
- Grateful for the local farmers market. I was thinking this morning about how much I love our local farmers market. I have this tendency to think about living someplace not so busy and more ‘wild’ than the outskirts of London. However to appreciate where you are each moment is vital if you want to feel good. So I have been thinking about what I love about where I live and the farmers market is one of these things. You can buy local produce and speak to those who make/sell their products – I think that forming a relationship with those who have a hand in creating what you personally enjoy is a beautiful way to truly appreciate what you’re eating/drinking/using/wearing.
- Grateful for miso soup. We get an organic vegetable delivery every week and often the box if full of greens (kale, spinach etc). I don’t like raw kale and as we often get a massive bag of it, some was getting wasted as I wasn’t eating it on a daily basis. Now I put it in a miso soup for lunch 🙂 – it’s getting eaten daily and not only am I benefiting from kale’s nutritional offerings, there is no waste at the end of the week.
- Grateful for sore cuticles. This is kinda odd but having sore cuticles reminds me that I no longer want to pick at my own skin! It’s become a habit as I used to do it all the time when I was nervous as a kid. Now I do it when I’m reading or even typing as whenever I take a breather from the keyboard my nail automatically begins picking at some hard piece of skin (sounds gross, I know). Now, I am making a conscious decision to stop as I’m only hurting myself.
- Grateful for new music discoveries. I love listening to new artists, especially when I’m led to them. I think music represents the energies we’re vibin’ at and when you’re led to new discoveries it feels like it’s tapping into a part of you that may have been asleep. I feel this.
This gratitude list malarky sure does raise the vibrations to places of deliciousness. Thinking this way allows me to see miracles every where and every day. I can’t ask for more than that.
Happy Tuesday and much love!
Today I feel inspired. I’ve been standing in what feels like a beam of light for the past few days and it’s feels delicious. I am attributing this to tapping into energies of gratitude and love – letting my heart lead.
Thinking has taken a back seat and I’ve kinda surrendered into feelings, which is incredibly unusual for me as I have a tendency to tense my body in the illusion that I’m keeping control of my emotions. Of course when control comes from a place of fear it blocks any avenue of growth. Now my walls are down.
As today has been a calm, slow day. Slow in a unravelling kinda way. I wrote another gratitude list. Last year I read the book ‘Make Miracles in Forty Days’ by Melody Beattie. Her inspired idea is to write a list of gratitudes each day (in the morning as soon as you wake) and do this for forty days. She did this when she was going through a terrible time in life and as her levels of gratitude rose, her life began to flow more positively. Basically it helps you to feel good. She also shared her list with a friend each day, this gave the list more momentum. So I am taking a leaf out of her book and sharing my list.
- I am grateful for the watercolour set I found under my bed. I’ve had a load of art supplies under the bed for years. I almost gave away the watercolour set I own as I never thought I would use it but I had this feeling I should keep it, so I did. Well my premonition was right and now they are being put to good use. Adding colour to paper is the most satisfying thing. Even when you have no idea what you’re doing before you begin to paint (which is me 99% of the time) the outcome is always fun, even if the picture isn’t quite what you’d hoped for.
- I am grateful for lighter evenings. YES! I love the longer days of Spring and Summer. Just when I was thinking ‘oh man, this winter feels like it’s never ending’ I notice that it’s no longer getting dark at 4pm anymore. This makes me smile, a lot.
- I am grateful for warm socks. I love walking around bare foot but in the winter, this is not the cosiest option. I have a couple of pairs of extra warm socks and when the floor is cold and the air is chilly, putting on a pair of warm socks is like honey in tea.
- I am grateful for my meditation cushion. I have only gotten into using a cushion specially designed for meditation. I didn’t see the point of them before but now I spend most of my time sat on the floor, even when I’m working. The sturdy, buckwheat filled cushion has been medicine for my back.
- I am grateful for lemons. I LOVE a warm lemon tea in the morning. It’s become part of my wake up ritual and when I smell the freshly cut citrus scent, it sends my senses into a frenzy of ecstasy (I know that sounds extreme but boy, do I love lemons).
- I am grateful for the tulips in the vase on the cabinet. A dear friend of mine visited me yesterday and brought me some flowers. I feel so blessed as not only is it lovely to receive flowers unexpectedly, now whenever I look at them I think of her and how we laughed and connected over lunch and a hot chocolate. Beautiful times!
- I am grateful for my hemp yoga mat. It took me a while to get used to having less grip than the rubber one I previously owned but my whole body feels stronger because of my core having to strengthen in order to flow as I’d done before. Also, it’s better for my skin as the rubber was making my feet and arms itch (my skin obviously doesn’t like rubber!). It’s made with 100% natural materials… good for me and the environment 🙂
- I am grateful for Earl Grey tea. Yep, although I have given up coffee I still enjoy a little cup of caffeinated tea in Earl Grey form. Today’s was extra delicious for some reason, I’m not questioning the deliciousness 🙂
- I am grateful for chips. I don’t eat much fatty food, for the reason that it makes me feel crappy and tired. I seem to be craving fresh foods over processed these days anyway. However tonight is gonna be chips for dinner as it’s nice to enjoy a little of what you fancy.
- I am grateful for coconut oil. I don’t actually use it to cook, I use it on my skin and it seems to agree. Eating coconut makes me feel sick for some reason, I think it aggravates my stomach acid. I adore the smell though and the texture of the oil feels like luxury on my skin. Who doesn’t like a touch of luxury every now and again 🙂
Well that’s my ten for today. Life is FULL of magic and making miracles has become a priority for me. We all have a choice, we can decide we want to feel good or we don’t 🙂
Much love and magic to y’all!
There’s always more to be grateful for, always more than one thing a day or one thing a week or even one thing a lifetime (not that I’d imagine any one person could only find one thing to be grateful for in their lifetime… that would be a rotten life).
This morning I woke up and the first thing I thought was ‘THANK YOU’. I think this most mornings, but this morning I felt the roots of my hair tingle and my toes wiggle with the delicious vibrations these words brought me. Thank you for the comfort of my bed, thank you for sleep (in general because it’s sleep that keeps me wanting to stay awake during the day :)), thank you for food in the fridge that will calm my hungry belly. There’s plenty to keep me smiling, even before I step out of bed. Now, not all mornings are like this but when I can stay flying high, I like to celebrate the feeling. The universe responds to the way we feel not what we say and as I’ve always been one to use lots of words to try and deceive myself and others what I was truly feeling, feeling great and not hiding it is now my No.1 treat.
So today I am writing a list, 10 things I am grateful for just because… well just because I want to.
- Grateful for brightly dressed visions :). I have a vivid imagination. Daydreaming used to get me into so much trouble at school but I can go about it, guilt free, It’s like watching a movie but I am in the directors chair. I love colour and to be able feel the vibrations of pink and green and yellow and purple, it lights up my eyes. I know this makes me sound like I’m tripping out but hey, I just feel like a rainbow today.
- Grateful for friendship. I spend more time with my dog than any human friends at the moment and he teaches me so much. Then I think about what I have learnt from all the friends I’ve had in my life. When I’ve been treated kindly by wonderful friends I learn how to keep my heart open. When I was treated not so kindly I understood what it means it feel strong, even though it felt like the world was against me at the time. I also see that we mirror each other so how others treat me is often a response to how I am treating myself. It’s ALL an unravelling, de-layering if ya like. Friendship helps me to find myself and discover what it means to be human.
- Grateful for Winter. It’s usually about this time of year I crave the spring but this year I am enjoying the pleasures of this chilly season. Nature is never in a hurry so this year I intend to follow in patient footsteps.
- Grateful for the building work happening to the house next door. I hate the sound of a drill, it pierces through me and I just want to escape it. When the whole house next door is being gutted, the sound of a drill is everyday SO I have had to get used to it. I’ve meditated through it, enjoyed yoga, I’ve written, I’ve painted and I’ve rested. So now I can manage how I feel through this sound and if I can manage my feelings around that, I am sure I can manage uncomfortable feelings elsewhere too.
- Grateful for my laptop. Technology has been getting on my nerves lately. I turned my phone off for a week and now I love shutting off from the hum of electrical waves. However, I realise it’s my attitude towards what is in my life that matters so getting frustrated at something that is just a ‘thing’ and has been influential is just silly. This laptop I’m using right now has allowed me to share poems and stories – that is priceless.
- Grateful for my feet. I can explore because of them 🙂
- Grateful for my occasional bloated tummy as I know my body is communicating, letting me know how certain foods and thoughts are effecting my whole system.
- Grateful for Tilly (the cat) who has just jumped on the table for a stroke and cuddle. She always reminds me that there’s always enough time for love and appreciation. She’s got enjoying the now down to a fine art.
- Grateful for white tea. I have recently discovered the delights of white tea. I have no idea of the health benefits but it feels cleansing as I drink it. It’s subtler than green tea, less bitter and I am trying to keep bitter tastes out of my diet at the moment. It seems to stir up the acid and excess acid is no good for anyone :).
- Grateful for allowing myself to feel good. I have spent the past two years feeling pretty sad and shitty and lost and undecided. It’s hasn’t been easy to just feel good without some negative thought creeping in. I lost the will to have fun, lightness was overshadowed by dark. Today I am grateful that feeling good happens, it’s happening more and more and with conscious effort to allow myself to love more… well more love seems to be entering my life and that feels good.
That is my list for today. It’s been fun writing it 🙂
Sending love to y’all… You are appreciated beyond words!